Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh, the future!

~~~

I am happy to report that I have been officially offered a position in the 2009 Teach for America Corps! I have been placed in the Mississippi Delta Region, to teach high school (7th-12th grade) English. But I will not know the exact location and grade level I will be teaching until around July.

I am so excited about being selected to participate in this program. It is such a great cause, and I am very proud to have been selected, for the program is a very competitive one. And after being originally wait-listed, I am just very happy about getting an offer.

I don’t know what this means for my future, career-wise anyway. I think I would love to be a teacher, (in fact I think it is one of the only jobs that I could possibly suit me), and through the program I will have the opportunity to get my masters degree at little to no cost. But what I am most looking for is the opportunity to live and learn in a place with a culture, (despite the fact that it is in the United States), rather different from any I’ve ever been exposed to. I look forward to meeting new people, trying new things, and being able to make a difference in an area that is in desperate need of help. While I know it will be extremely frustrating and exhausting at times, I am ready for the challenge. And I find that is something I am always searching for: my next adventure.




I can’t help but take this time, however, to issue an official apology and thank you to my love. Sean, I know it is not easy to be in love with a restless Aquarius, who is constantly moving from place to place, pursuing new goals and getting new ideas in her head all the time. But even after all I have put you through, you are always there to ground me. You are a constant in my life, and wherever I go and whatever I do, I always know I have you to love and support me. So thank you baby.

So I guess I’m headin’ on down south!

-Summer Rose

2 comments:

  1. I took that picture of you! You look so pretty. I'm really happy for you and I love you. Now let's hear about Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it... haha

    My first blog (about the trip to get here) should be up tonight!

    ReplyDelete